Ansible for Absolute Beginners
You have hundreds and thousands of online documentation and wiki pages for learning Ansible, and this is my attempt to cover Ansible in a simple and beginner level approach. Access all chapters on techbeatly.com.
- Ansible – Part 1 – Introduction
- Ansible – Part 2 – Installing Ansible
- Ansible – Part 3 – Deployment
- Ansible – Part 4 – Managing Inventory
- Ansible – Part 5 – Running Ad-Hoc commands
- Ansible – Part 6 – Play with Playbooks
- Ansible – Part 7 – Managing Variables
- Ansible – Part 8 – Managing Facts
- (Ansible – Part 9 – Task Control <In Progress … >)
- (Ansible – Part 10 – Jinja2 Templates with Ansible <In Progress … >)
- Ansible – Part 11 – Implementing Roles
- Ansible – Part 12 – Deploying Roles With Ansible Galaxy
- (More Chapters are coming, give me some more time to prepare)
Table of Contents
- Ansible for Absolute Beginners
- Ansible Videos for Beginners
- Ansible - Frequently Asked Questions
- Ansible Playbook References
- Tools for Ansible
- Ansible for Network Automation
- Ansible Tower
- Ansible and Python Modules
- Ansible Blog/Articles to Follow
- Ansible Interview Questions
- Ansible Modules
- Other References
- Ansible for IBM Power
- Ansible for Arista Networks
- Ansible for CIS Hardening/CIS Check
Ansible Videos for Beginners
Ansible - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Ansible?
- What is IaC?
- What can Ansible do?
- What are the advantages of Ansible?
- How does Ansible work?
- What is a Playbook?
- Are there any requirements for using Ansible?
- What is DevOps?
- How does Ansible fit into DevOps?
- Who is Ansible for? Who should learn Ansible?
- What are prerequisites to learning Ansible?
Ansible Playbook References
- Ansible Examples (Forked from @ansible)
- Ansible for DevOps (Forked from geerlingguy)
- Ansible NXOS Samples (Network Automation)
Tools for Ansible
Ansible for Network Automation
Ansible and Python Modules
pip install –target=/your/pyinstalldir loremipsum pip install fortiosapi –target=/var/lib/awx/venv/ansible/lib/python2.7/site-packages
pip list –target=/var/lib/awx/venv/ansible/lib/python2.7/site-packages
# subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms # yum install python27-python-pip
Switch to a normal user and check the pip
$ scl enable python27 bash $ which pip $ pip -V
For Existing Tower
# source /var/lib/awx/venv/ansible/bin/activate # umask 0022 # pip install --upgrade pywinrm # deactivate
Ansible and Python 3
- Python 3 Support
- How Can I Use Virtual Environment with Python3 on RHEL 7 for Ansible Tower?
- How do I use Python 3 in Ansible Tower?
- Ansible and Python 3 (docs.ansible.com/)
Ansible 2.5 and above work with Python 3.
[[email protected] ~]$ ansible --version |grep python ansible python module location = /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ansible python version = 2.7.5 (default, Sep 26 2019, 13:23:47) [GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-39)]
Ansible Blog/Articles to Follow
Ansible Interview Questions
- Red Hat Ansible Tower Life Cycle
- Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform Workshops
- DEEP DIVE INTO ANSIBLE NETWORK RESOURCE MODULE