Ansible Use Case Gallery
- 1.1. Immutable Infrastructure
- 1.2. Provisioning
- 1.3. Application Deployment
- 1.4. Manage network configurations
- 1.5. Weekly system reboot
- 1.6. Enforce security guidelines
- 1.7. Configuration Management
- 1.8. Disaster recovery
- 1.9. Adhoc Commands
- 1.10. Database binary patching
- 1.11. Service license agreements
1.1. Immutable Infrastructure
- Configure your re-buildable replicas of server set or application stack.
- Use Ansible for Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
Provision your bare-metal, private cloud and public cloud infrastructure using modules and configure them to use for day 2 operations.
- Instance Provisioning
- LoadBalancer / TargetGroup Creation
- VPC Creation
1.3. Application Deployment
Manage your applications deployments, re-deployments, migration using simple ansible playbooks; and implement DevSecOps methods in your infrastructure operations.
1.4. Manage network configurations
- Configure new network devices with same configurations as we need
- Add new rules or changes in configurations (eg: new VLAN, new Virtual Interface)
- Add/Remove rule in firewall
1.5. Weekly system reboot
Eliminate repetitive, manual processes with automation.
1.6. Enforce security guidelines
Rules are rules. It’s best to automate in an effort to achieve strict security standards.
1.7. Configuration Management
Keep your configurations as a code and also can check if someone made chages to the same.
1.8. Disaster recovery
Disaster recovery can involve a wide range of components. Act across different variables of the technology stack to identify problems and eliminate cross team dependencies.
1.9. Adhoc Commands
Remarkably easy to write, you can run commands across your environment for any number of servers.
1.10. Database binary patching
Several databases use outdated binary sets. Patch the binaries in accordance with the release of the latest patch.
1.11. Service license agreements
Mistakes cost time and money. Eliminate errors that can crop up in detailed software contracts.